The Hive

I'm just another dude with too much time on his hands. It really doesn't have anything to do with ants.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Disturbing news from the alma mater

It seems Mary-Kate Olsen has dropped out of NYU. This is especially saddening to me, as she was enrolled in the Gallatin School of Individualized Study, the half ludicrous/half awesome school of NYU I graduated from after a brief and unpleasant year in the boring standard School of Arts and Sciences.

For shame, Mary-Kate. Scarlett Johansson--your superior in every conceivable way--can't even get into NYU (which is, as a side note, downright bizarre; NYU has a ton of applicants and so is fairly exclusive, but it's far from being so great it should be rejecting a damn movie star), and you drop out after two semesters? As they say down in Jersey, that's just poor.

7 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger RhysDavid said...

Was she the one that was in rehab? I know it was one of the Olsen twins.

I think when you're 19 and have a HALF BILLION DOLLARS, you shouldn't go to school if you don't want to. Hell, may as well be a cokehead too. Its not like she'd be able to spend all that money, anyway.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous cricket said...

heh. you wrote this at 4.20.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger ladyC said...

the fact that scarlett couldn't get into nyu is fucking bananas considering the olsen twins couldn't act their way out of a nutsack.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Well, I wouldn't say Mary-Kate has to go to school to be legitimate or anything, as legitimacy is pretty much out of the question for her, but I wanted to be her alumnus the same I way I wanted Arnold to be president of the U.S. I love a disaster.

Also, I was shocked--SHOCKED!--that Scarlett was rejected by NYU. NYU's a nice enough school, but once you hit a certain level there's basically no chance of being rejected, and I think "being an 18-year-old superstar who's totally hot and can actually act" should be enough to push you over that bar.

On the plus side, when my machinations push her into starring in the screenplay adaptation of one of my novels, she'll be all intimidated by me cause I went to NYU and she couldn't even get in. So I'll be all, "What now, Scarlett? Let's get it on," and she'll be all, "Okay!"

So I'll need to write a thank-you note to NYU's president on that one.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger RhysDavid said...

Scarlett Johannson is also starring in the upcoming Black Dahlia movie. Hope its good.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger RhysDavid said...

Plus Scarlett Johannson is WAY hotter than the Olsens. If there was only one Olsen, no one would give a shit. Being hot-ENOUGH and being twins is all they have going for them

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Ed said...

Hahah! It's funny cause it's true. No one would care if they weren't twins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home