The Hive

I'm just another dude with too much time on his hands. It really doesn't have anything to do with ants.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Injury index

One of the many benefits to working with your hands all day, particularly around sharp-edged boxes (seriously, cut cardboard cuts YOU), box cutters, and jerry-rigged packing peanut hoppers with nails and wires sticking out of them is you accumulate a pretty nice collection of minor arm cuts and abrasions. For instance, right now I'm sporting the following:

- Modest cut on back of right hand from a concealed nail in the peanut hopper

- Couple small scrapes on back of right wrist, origin unknown

- Peeled skin on palm of right hand, too much jerking--no wait, this time it's from constructing odd-size boxes; part of our instructions in the building phase is to press down on a glued seam and rub until your hand gets friction-burned, which usually just results in pleasing exfoliation but occasionally causes a layer of dead skin

- Numerous bloodless scrapes up and down my inner wrists and forearms from carrying heavy boxes around. Could potentially be mistaken for old suicide tracks, but as they mostly run across the veins instead of alongside, it would either be a cry-for-help suicide or proof I'm stupid

My left hand seems completely unharmed at the moment, but that's no big surprise given I wear a single white goatskin glove at all times.

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger ladyC said...

okay, kiddo. my suggestion to you is to invest in some lotion...cocoa butter is awesome cause you'll smell like choco all day, or gold bond medicated lotion works well too.
my other suggestion is to ummm, stop hurting yourself.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger ladyC said...

oh and cocoa butter is great for keeping your hands healthy

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger RhysDavid said...

thats NOTHING!! I got my leg in a wood chipper the other day. Its gone from the hip-down!

But I was too manly to scream in pain, or any of that sissiness. Just grimaced-slightly and lit a cigarette.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home