The Hive

I'm just another dude with too much time on his hands. It really doesn't have anything to do with ants.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Packin' my bags

And heading to Aruba for the next week+. I doubt whether the barbaristic practices of the Oranjestad Marriott will have changed in the two years since I've been there, so I probably won't have internet access during that time.

Aruba's a pretty interesting place: pretty much right off the coast of Venezuela, and unlike the rest of the Caribbean, it's all arid and totally not rainy. It's also only got like 100,000 people in an area of like.. well I dunno, 60 square miles or something, which is small enough to at least see pretty much the whole place in a single week. There's a pretty cool mix of Hispanic cultures with Dutch and Indian as well. The highlight of my first trip there was most definitely eating superb but modestly-priced Indian food and matching it with a crazy 11-ounce bottle of Heineken straight from Dutchland.

Anyway, I've got to pack up some more junk before heading to work. From there, I pick up Ken and drive to the Tri-Cities, where I should have roughly an hour to repack and get my car down to the snow tire place before we head to the airport and spend however long to fly all the way down there. It's a 3-4 hour time difference and probably three separate flights, so I bet we won't roll into Queen Beatrix Airport till about 10 AM tomorrow morning.

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger ladyC said...

aruba? well, smell you nancy drew. i get to spend a fun filled holiday here! drink loads for me!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger RhysDavid said...

good thing you're not a pretty blonde chick. They don't seem to do well down there. Cords, Ken, and I are partying in your parent's house everynight.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger RhysDavid said...

did you have fun at the resort? I imagine it was pretty sweet.

Logan told us about that note your parents left him. The one about your cats, and how much to spend on each one if they get sick. HAHA! So much Shadow hatred! But she IS the devil in cat-form.

I tried the new perfect dark game on Jeff's Xbox360. It was pretty sweet. I was never a huge P.D. fan like you guys. You'd probably appreciate it more. If you'd stuck around in Kennewick a little longer, you could've tried it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home